추기경님께 드리는 사랑의 편지

One of the happiest moments

인쇄

신창훈 [comitas] 쪽지 캡슐

1999-06-21 ㅣ No.391

Dear Cardinal,

How are you getting along? I am Chang-Hoon Shin, joined in this "Good News" Club on the 8th of February. First of all I would like to apologise for writing to you in English. I am a doctorate reader for law at the University of Oxford. Eight months have passed since I came here to study. When I joined in this club, I had no difficulties in writing in Korean, because Windows 95, Korean version was my computer's operating system. However, a couple of weeks ago, my computer stopped working abruptly and so I installed Windows 98, English version to my computer. That's the reason why I can't write any mail in Korean. I tried to write to you in Korean over and over but without success. At the moment I just read words in Korean but don't write at all. Such was that I gave up writing to you, but today is one of the happiest moments in my life and thus I determined to write to you even in English.

Today I was baptised in the University Chaplaincy with the help of kind souls here and "Peter" was given to me as a christian name. Since January, I have learned catholic doctrine from Father James and one of my colleagues in the Facutly of Law named as Santiago. In the course of Mass, I stood up in front of Father Peter at his request and the sacrement of my baptism and confirmation proceeded. When I came back to my position after the sacrement, all the brothers and sisters celebrated me with warm applause. After the Mass, they said warm congratulations on my baptism and at the Grandpont House, the members held a small party for the celebration of my baptism. I felt flattered and could feel that I am getting closer and closer to God. People told me that everybody in the church had a strong impression on my polite attitude during the sacrement. Especially I was very pleased to hear that Carlos and Tom came to Oxford from Cambridge to say congratulations. To be honest with you, several times in Korea I was in the preliminary school to be a catholic but I gave it up. However, finally I am getting closer to God in England and I firmly believe that God is omnipresent. My dear cardinal, pray help me with my continuous and everlasting belief in God. I will pray for your health.

Yours Sincerely,

Peter C.H. Shin

105 0

추천 반대(0)

페이스북 트위터 핀터레스트 구글플러스

Comments
Total0
※ 500자 이내로 작성 가능합니다. (0/500)

• ※ 로그인 후 등록 가능합니다.