가톨릭 신앙생활 Q&A 코너

2코린토 4,13에서 똑같은 믿음의 영??? [번역 미숙/오류] [(i) 칠십인역 및 대중 라틴말 시편과 (ii) 마소라본 히브리어 성경 시편 사이의 분류상의 차이점]

인쇄

. [119.194.105.*]

2018-06-10 ㅣ No.1926

게시자 주: 본글의 인터넷 주소, http://ch.catholic.or.kr/pundang/4/soh/1926.htm 에 접속하면, 본글 중에서 제시되고 있는 출처 문헌들을 쉽게 확인할 수 있습니다. 그리고 다음의 인터넷 주소, http://ch.catholic.or.kr/pundang/4/q&a.htm 에 접속하면, 본글의 제목이 포함된, "가톨릭 신앙생활 Q&A 코너" 제공의 모든 게시글들의 제목들의 목록을 가질 수 있습니다. 또한 (i) 2006년 12월 16일에 개시(開始)하여 제공 중인 미국 천주교 주교회의/중앙협의회 홈페이지 제공의 날마다 영어 매일미사 중의 독서들 듣고 보기, 그리고 (ii) 신뢰할 수 있는 가톨릭 라틴어/프랑스어/영어 문서들 등은, 다음의 주소들에 접속하면, 손쉽게 접근할 수 있습니다: http://ch.catholic.or.kr/pundang/4/  (PC용, 날마다 자동으로 듣고 봄) [주: 즐겨찾기에 추가하십시오]; http://ch.catholic.or.kr/pundang/4/m (스마트폰용) [주: 네이버 혹은 구글 검색창 위에 있는 인터넷 주소창에 이 주소 입력 후 꼭 북마크 하십시오]

질문 1: "새 번역 성경"의 2코린토 4,13에 있는 번역 표현인 "이와 똑같은 믿음의 영"에서, 형용사 "똑같은(same)"이 수식하는 명사가, (i) 믿음(faith)인지요, 아니면 (ii) 정신/영(spirit)인지요??? 그리고 이 문제점은 "공동번역성서", 2코린토 4,13에도 또한 있습니다.

1. 들어가면서

1-1. 우선적으로 2코린토 4,13은, 가톨릭 교회 전례력에 있어, 나해 연중 제10주일 제1독서(2코린토 4,13-5,1)에 포함되며, 따라서, 2코린토 4,13을 이해하기 위한 최소한도의 단락이 2코린토 4,13-5,1임을 우리는 그리 어렵지 않게 알 수 있습니다:

출처: http://maria.catholic.or.kr/mi_pr/missa/missa.asp?menu=missa&gomonth=2018-06-10&missatype=DA

(발췌 시작)

형제 여러분, 13 “나는 믿었다. 그러므로 말하였다.”고 성경에 기록되어 있습니다.(*)
이와 똑같은 믿음의 영을 우리도 지니고 있으므로
“우리는 믿습니다. 그러므로 말합니다.”
14 주 예수님을 일으키신 분께서 우리도 예수님과 함께 일으키시어
여러분과 더불어 당신 앞에 세워 주시리라는 것을 알고 있기 때문입니다.
15 이 모든 것은 다 여러분을 위한 것입니다.
그리하여 은총이 점점 더 많은 사람에게 퍼져 나가
하느님의 영광을 위하여 감사하는 마음이 넘치게 하려는 것입니다.
16 그러므로 우리는 낙심하지 않습니다.
우리의 외적 인간은 쇠퇴해 가더라도 우리의 내적 인간은 나날이 새로워집니다.
17 우리가 지금 겪는 일시적이고 가벼운 환난이
그지없이 크고 영원한 영광을 우리에게 마련해 줍니다.
18 보이는 것이 아니라 보이지 않는 것을 우리가 바라보기 때문입니다.
보이는 것은 잠시뿐이지만 보이지 않는 것은 영원합니다.
5,1 우리의 이 지상 천막집이 허물어지면
하느님께서 마련하신 건물 곧 사람 손으로 짓지 않은 영원한 집을
하늘에서 얻는다는 사실을 우리는 압니다.

-----

(*) 게시자 주: (1) 여기서 말하는 성경은, 칠십인역 구약 성경, 시편 115,1-2, 즉, 기원후 9세기 경에 유다교 용도로 편집된 마소라본(Masoretic) 히브리어 성경, 시편 116,10-11을 말한다.

(2) 다음은 "주석 성경"의 각주들에서 발췌한 바이다:

(발췌 시작)

시편 9의 첫째 각주:

9편과 (머리글이 없는) 10편은 칠십인역대중 라틴 말 성경에 따르면 한 시편을 이룬다. 이로써 [기원후 9세기 경에 유다교 용도로 편집된 마소라본] 히브리 말 성경과 [예수님의 공생활 시기에 널리 사용되고 있었던 그리스어로 번역된, 소위 말하는] 칠십인역이 9편에서 113편까지 번호 매김에서 하나씩 어긋나게 된다. 9-10편은 본디 하나로서 각 절 또는 각 연이 히브리 말의 알파벳 순서에 따라 시작하는 '알파벳 노래' 였으리라 여겨진다('입문' 3 참조). 그러나 현재의 본문에는 알파벳의 철자 몇 개에 해당하는 연이 없어, 전승 과정에서 본문이 훼손되었으리라 추정된다. 9-10편에는 여러 유형의 요소들이 들어 있다.

시편 10(9의 계속)의 첫째 각주:

칠십인역과 대중 라틴 말 성경의 장 번호를 괄호 안에 적는다. 9편의 첫째 각주와 '입문' 5 참조.

시편 114 (113 상)의 첫째 각주:

'찬양 시편.' '입문' 4, 1)의 가) 참조. 113-118편은 유다교에서 알렐/할렐(찬양의 노래)이라 불리며, 삼대 축제(파스카, 오순절, 초막절) 의식에서 특별한 위치를 차지한다.

시편 115 (113 하)

시편 116 (114-115)의 첫째 각주:

'개인 감사 시편.' '입문' 4, 2)의 다) 참조. 113편의 첫째 각주 참조.

시편 116, 10의 첫째 각주:

칠십인역대중 라틴 말 성경에서는 여기에서부터 새로운 시편(115편)이 시작된다.

시편 117 (116)

(이상, 발췌 끝)

-----

위의 내용을 여러 번 잘 읽어보면, 여기서 말하는 영(spirit)성령(the Holy Spirit) 하느님을 말하는 것이 아님을 알 수 있다는 생각입니다.

1-2. 그리고 다음의 주소에 접속하면, 전후 문맥 안에서, 2코린토 4,13에 대한 나바르 성경 주석서의 해설을 읽을 수 있는데, 여기서 말하는 영(spirit)성령(the Holy Spirit) 하느님을 말하는 것이 아님을 더 분명하게 알 수 있다는 생각입니다:

출처: http://ch.catholic.or.kr/pundang/4/navarre/b_ot_10.htm 

(발췌 시작)

2nd Reading: 2 Corinthians 4:13-5:1

He Is Sustained By Hope in Heaven
----------------------------------------------------
[13] Since we have the same spirit of faith as he had who wrote, "I believed, and
so I spoke," we too believe, and so we speak, [14] knowing that he who raised
the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his pre-
sence. [15] For it is all for your sake, so that as grace extends to more and more
people it may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God. [16] So we do not lose 
heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed 
every day. [17] For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal 
weight of glory beyond all comparison, [18] because we look not to the things that 
are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are seen are transient, 
but the things that are unseen are eternal. [1] For we know that if the earthly tent we 
live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, 
eternal in the heavens. 

**********************************************************************************
Commentary:

13-18. The Apostle explains where he gets the strength to bear all the tribulations
of life--from his hope in the resurrection and his expectation of being in heaven
with those to whom he is writing (v. 14). There is nothing selfish about this desire
for heaven: it helps us to stay true to the faith and it enables us to see all the
sufferings of this life as something transitory and slight (v. 17), a necessary step
to heaven and a way to obtain incomparably greater happiness. "If we wish to
enjoy the pleasures of eternity," St. Alphonsus reminds us, "we must deprive our-
selves of the pleasures of time. 'Whoever would save his life will lose it' (Mt 16:25)
[...]. If we wish to be saved, we must all be martyrs, either by the tyrant's sword
or through our own mortification. Let us have this conviction--that everything we
suffer is nothing compared with the eternal glory that awaits us. 'I consider the
sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be
revealed to us' (Rom 8:18). These momentary afflictions will bring us eternal hap-
piness (cf. 2 Cor 4:17)" ("Treasury of Preaching Material", II, 9).

13. The Apostle's faith leads him to keep on preaching, despite all the difficulties
this may involve. There is nothing else he can do: he is convinced that his faith
is what can save the world and he cannot but strive to spread it. If he acted
otherwise it would mean his faith was asleep and he did not truly love others.
"When you find that something has done you good," St. Gregory the Great ex-
plains, "try to bring it to the attention of others. You should, therefore, desire
others to join you on the ways of the Lord. If you are going to the forum or the
baths, and you meet someone who is not doing anything, you invite him to go
along with you. Apply this earthly custom to the spiritual sphere, and as you
make your way to God, do not do so alone" ("In Evangelia Homiliae", 6, 6). 

13. 이 사도의 믿음(faith)은 설교 행위(preaching)를, 이 행위가 수반할(involve) 
수도 있는 모든 어려움들에도 불구하고, 계속하도록 그를 인도합니다.
그가 할 수 
있는 다른 어떠한 것도 있지 않으며, 자신의 믿음이 이 세상을 구할 수 있는 바를 
그리고 그가 오로지 이것을 퍼뜨리기 위하여 노력할 수밖에 없음을 확신하고 있습니다. 
만약에 그가 다른 방식으로(otherwise) 행동하였다면 그것은 그의 믿음이 잠을 
자고 있으며(asleep) 그리하여 그가 다른 이들을 진실로 사랑하지 않음을 의미할 
것입니다.
성 그레고리오 [1세] 대 [교황]은 다음과 같이 설명합니다:

"그 무엇(something)이 그대에게 이미 좋은 것을 행하였음을 그대가 발견하였을 때에 
그것을 다른 이들의 주의(attention) 쪽으로 가져가기 위하여 노력하도록 하라. 
그 결과로서(therefore), 주님의 길들 위에 있는(on the ways of the Lord) 그대에게 
다른 이들이 결합하는 것을 그대는 반드시 욕망하여야(desire) 한다. 만약에 그대가 
공회(公會)용의 광장(forum) 혹은 공중 목욕탕(baths)에 갈 예정이고, 그리고 아무 것도 
하고 있지 않는 어떤 이를 그대가 만나면, 그자가 그대와 함께 가도록 그대는 초대한다. 
바로 이 세상의 관습(earthly custom)을 영적 범위(spiritual sphere)에 적용하여, 
그리하여 하느님 쪽으로 그대가 애써 나아갈 때에, 홀로(alone) 그렇게 하지 않도록 하라" 
[성 그레고리오 (St. Gregory) [1세] 대 (the Great) [교황], "In Evangelia Homiliae", 6, 6]  

(이상, 발췌 끝) 

1-3. 그리고 다음의 주소에 접속하면, 성무일도/시간경, 세 번째 주(Week III), 주일 1(Sunday I), 저녁 기도(Vespers) 중에 바치는 시편 116[115], 10-19에 대한,(*) 성서학자이신 베네딕토 16세 교황님의 2005년 5월 25일(수요일) 일반 알현 강론 말씀을 읽을 수 있는데, 여기서 말하는 영(spirit)성령(the Holy Spirit) 하느님을 말하는 것이 아님을 더욱 더 분명하게 알 수 있다는 생각입니다:

http://w2.vatican.va/content/benedict-xvi/en/audiences/2005/documents/hf_ben-xvi_aud_20050525.html 

-----

(*) 게시자 주: 다음의 주소에 접속하면, 시간경(성무일도) 중에서 아침기도와 저녁기도의 시편들 및 찬가들에 대한 교황 요한 바오로 2세와 교황 베네딕토 16세의 주석들을 읽을 수 있습니다:

http://ch.catholic.or.kr/pundang/4/psalter/jp2_b16_commentaries.htm 

-----

따라서, 지금까지 고찰한 바로터, 다음의 결론을 또한 그리 어렵지 않게 도출할 수 있다는 생각입니다:

(이 글의 결론 1) 2코린토 4,13 에서 말하는 "영"(spirit)은, 성령(the Holy Spirit) 하느님을 말하는 것이 아니고, 따라서 "인간의 영/정신"(human spirit)을 말함을, 이 글의 한 개의 결론으로서 도출합니다. 

1-4. (번역 미숙/오류) 따라서, 바로 위의 제1-2항에 발췌된 "RSV (Revised Standard Version)", 2코린토 4,13에 의하여, "새 번역 성경", 2코린토 4,13 중의 우리말 번역 표현 "이와 똑같은 믿음의 영"에 대응하는 영어 번역 표현이 "the same spirit of faith as"(믿음에 기인하는 이와 동일한 [인간의] 영/정신, 즉, 이와 똑같은, 믿음의, [인간의] 영)임을 확인하였습니다.

(이 글의 결론 2) 그러므로, "새 번역 성경", 2코린토 4,13 중의 우리말 번역 표현 "이와 똑같은 믿음의 영"은, 위의 질문 1에서 구체적으로 지적한 해석상의 문제점을 근본적으로 없애기 위하여, 예를 들어"믿음에 기인하는, 이와 똑같은, 정신"으로 교체되어야 할 것입니다.

2-1. 다음의 주소에 접속하면, 여러 영어본 성경들 중의 2코린토 4,13을 읽을 수 있습니다:

http://biblehub.com/2_corinthians/4-13.htm 

게시자 주 2-1: 다음의 주소에 접속하면, 그리스어본 2코린토 4,13을 읽을 수 있습니다:

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/2_corinthians/4-13.htm 

2-2. 다음의 주소에 접속하면, 교황청 홈페이지 제공의, NAB (New American Bible), 2코린토 4,13에 대한 주석을 읽을 수 있습니다:

출처: http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PZQ.HTM 

(발췌 시작)

[12-15] His experience does not terminate in himself, but in others (12.15; cf 2 Cor 1, 4-5). Ultimately, everything is ordered even beyond the community, toward God (⇒ 2 Cor 4:15; cf ⇒ 2 Cor 1:11).

[13-14] Like the Psalmist, Paul clearly proclaims his faith, affirming life within himself despite death (⇒ 2 Cor 4:10-11) and the life-giving effect of his experience upon the church (⇒ 2 Cor 4:12, ⇒ 14-15). And place us with you in his presence: Paul imagines God presenting him and them to Jesus at the parousia and the judgment; cf ⇒ 2 Cor 11:2; ⇒ Romans 14:10. 

(이상, 발췌 끝)

2-3. 다음의 주소에 접속하면, 개인 학습용인, NABRE (New American Bible Revised Edition), 2코린토 4,13에 대한 주석을 읽을 수 있습니다:

출처: http://www.usccb.org/bible/2corinthians/4 

(발췌 시작)

* [4:1215] His experience does not terminate in himself, but in others (12, 15; cf. 2 Cor 1:45). Ultimately, everything is ordered even beyond the community, toward God (2 Cor 4:15; cf. 2 Cor 1:11).

* [4:1314] Like the Psalmist, Paul clearly proclaims his faith, affirming life within himself despite death (2 Cor 4:1011) and the life-giving effect of his experience upon the church (2 Cor 4:12, 1415). And place us with you in his presence: Paul imagines God presenting him and them to Jesus at the parousia and the judgment; cf. 2 Cor 11:2; Rom 14:10.

(이상, 발췌 끝)

2-4. 다음은 The Great Biblical Commentary of Cornelius a Lapide2코린토 4,13 해설을 발췌한 것인데, 특히, 위의 제1-3항에 발췌된, 시편 116[115], 10-19에 대한 주석이 포함된, 교황 베네딕토 16세의 수요일 일반 알현 강론 말씀을 읽을 때에 또한 함께  읽도록 하십시오:

출처: http://www.corneliusbiblecommentary.faithweb.com/2ndcor45.htm 

(발췌 시작)

We, having the same spirit of faith. As David was hemmed in with dangers, and yet was delivered by God alone from them all, and said. “I believed,” i.e., I believe that God will always be true to His promises and deliver me, so too do we believe and hope, and boldly profess that our help and strength, our deliverance and resurrection have been promised by God, and will most surely be wrought out.

Ps. cxvi., alluded to here by S. Paul, is a Eucharistic psalm, in which David gives God thanks for his safe deliverance. Hence it begins with, “I believed.” In other words: I, David, in the midst of dangers and adversity, when hunted by Saul and his men, when my life was sought by Achish and the Philistines, when I was so placed that I seemed to be deprived of all human help, and to be in desperate straits, yet put my trust in God, who had promised me safety and moreover the kingdom, by the mouth of Samuel. Wherefore, I said boldly that I believed, without doubting that God would deliver me from all these evils, and would bring me to His promised kingdom, as, in fact, He has delivered me, and has set me on the throne. “Right dear in the sight of the Lord is the death of His Saints.” My death is of great account and great price in the sight of the Lord. God, therefore, carefully watches that my death, or that of His other Saints may not be allowed, except for good cause and great gain, and He wonderfully guards us and delivers us. This, I, David, found in the cave and at other times when I was shut in by the bands of Saul and of my other enemies, and therefore with praise and thanksgiving do I exclaim, What return shall I make unto the Lord for all the benefits that He hath done unto me? I will receive the cup of salvation, of my many safe deliverances—that cup which is a witness and public profession of God’s goodness to me, and of my frequent escapes from danger—of God’s salvation will I take.

Observe here that (1.) the Jews had three kinds of sacrifices, the whole burnt-offering, the sin-offering, and the peace-offering. This last was a sacrifice of salvation, offered for the peace and salvation of any individual or family, or of the whole people, whether already obtained or to be obtained. (2.) In every Sacrifice a libation was made to God, just as if the sacrifice were God’s feast. The cup, therefore, of salvation is the cup of wine which was offered to God, poured out and drunk by the offerers. (3.) This cup was a figure of the Eucharistic chalice, which makes us not only mindful of the salvation wrought by Christ, but also partakers of it.

Tropologically this “cup” is martyrdom and affliction, and the obstinate resistance that we make to sin, even unto death, says S. Basil, in his comments on Ps. cxvi. For Paul eagerly longed for martyrdom, and hence he speaks not of the cross, but of the cup of salvation, as though he should say: I will readily drink whatever the Lord may have given to me, even though it be the martyr’s death; and therefore knowing, says S. Augustine, that martyrdom is not within my own power, but depends on the grace of God, I will call upon that grace, and will publicly preach and celebrate the name of the Lord. Similarly, Christ speaks of His Passion as a cup, and bids His Apostles and martyrs and all His members drink of it (S. Matt. xx. 22, and xxvi. 42). As, then, every Christian offers to Christ, His Deliverer, the Eucharistic cup and sacrifice as a thanksgiving, so does Paul offer his sufferings, his afflictions, and death to Christ, as a most pleasing cup. So, too, have all the martyrs, by openly professing their faith and dying for it, offered to Christ the cup of their martyrdom.

I believed. I believed, and I still believe. This is a continuous act of belief, and not merely one that is inchoate, especially so since David speaks of the person of Paul and of us all, and puts his own belief forward as one deserving our imitation.

(이상, 발췌 끝)

2-5. 추가적으로, 다음의 주소들에 접속하면, 가톨릭 교회 전례력에 있어, 나해 연중 제10주일 제1독서(2코린토 4,13-5,1)에 대한 해설들을 읽을 수 있습니다:

출처: https://thedivinelamp.wordpress.com/2018/03/17/commentaries-for-the-tenth-sunday-in-ordinary-time-year-b/ 

(발췌 시작)

COMMENTARIES ON THE SECOND READING: 2 Corinthians 4:13-5:1.

St John Chrysostom’s Homiletic Commentary on 2 Corinthians 4:13-5:1. On 4:8-5:10.

Father Callan’s Commentary on 2 Corinthians 4:13-5:1.

Father MacEvilly’s Commentary on 2 Corinthians 4:13-5:1.

Word-Sunday Notes on 2 Corinthians 4:13-5:1.

(이상, 발췌 끝) 

† 성부와 성자와 성령의 이름으로 아멘.

----------

작성자: 교수 소순태 마태오 (Ph.D.)

229 1

추천

페이스북 트위터 핀터레스트 구글플러스

Comments
Total0
※ 500자 이내로 작성 가능합니다. (0/500)

• ※ 로그인 후 등록 가능합니다.