가톨릭 신앙생활 Q&A 코너

공부활(general resurrection, 일반 부활)이란? [교리용어_공부활] [교리용어_부활]

인쇄

작성중입니다 [175.126.101.*]

2012-05-28 ㅣ No.1206

1. 들어가면서

여기를 클릭하면 읽을 수 있는

"그리스도의 부활과 승천에 대하여" 제목의 글에 이어지는 이 글에서는, 영어로 "genearl resurrection(공부활, 公復活, 일반 부활)"으로 번역되는 신학적 개념에 대하여 학습하도록 하겠습니다.

2. 다음은 Modern Catholic Dictionary에 주어진 "몸의 부활(bodily resurrection)"에 대한 설명입니다:

출처: http://www.catholicreference.net/index.cfm?id=36078

(발췌 시작)

RESURRECTION, BODILY

The universal return to life of all human beings, to occur soon before the last judgment by God's almighty power. Each individual soul will be reunited with the selfsame body with which it was united on earth. While all the dead will rise, only the just will have their bodies glorified.

몸의 부활

하느님의 전능하신 힘에 의한 최후의 심판 바로 전에 발생할, 모든 인간들이 생명으로 보편적 되돌아감을 말합니다. 각 개인의 영혼은, 땅 위에서 그것과 결합하였던, 바로 그 동일한(selfsame) 몸(*)과 결합할 것입니다. 죽은 이들 모두는 일어날 것이나, 그러나 오로니 의로운 자들만이 영광스럽게 된 자신들의 몸들을 가질 것입니다.
(이상, 발췌 및 우리말 번역 끝).

-----
(*) 번역자 주: 여기서 말하는 "바로 그 동일한 몸"이란, 타종교에서 말하는 윤회 등에 의한 "타인의 몸들"이 아니라는 의미이지, "자신 고유의 몸이나, 그러나 죽음을 맞이하는 바로 그 상태의 자신 고유의 몸"을 말하는 것이 결코 아니다. 이에 대하여서는 아래의 제3항에 있는 영어 가톨릭 대사전에 주어진 "공부활(general resurrection)"에 대한 설명 중의 "Charistics of the risen body(부활하게된 몸의 특징들)" 항의 설명을 읽도록 하라.
-----

게시자 주: 위의 설명은 잘 요약된 설명이나 그러나 너무 간략하므로, 좀 더 자세한 내용을 살펴 보아야 한다는 생각입니다.

3. 다음은 영어 가톨릭 대사전에 주어진 "genearl resurrection(공부활, 公復活)" 교의(dogma)에 대한 설명 전문입니다:

게시자 주: 여기를 클릭하면, "교의(dogma, 믿을 교리)""교리(doctrine)"로 불리는 신학적 용어들의 정의(definition) 및 그 차이점들에 대한 글을 읽을 수 있습니다. 간단하게 말씀드리면, 교의는 항상 교리이나, 그러나 그 역은 일반적으로 성립하지 않습니다.

출처: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12792a.htm

(발췌 시작)

General Resurrection

공부활(公復活)

Resurrection is the rising again from the dead, the resumption of life. The Fourth Lateran Council teaches that all men, whether elect or reprobate, "will rise again with their own bodies which they now bear about with them" (cap. "Firmiter"). In the language of the creeds and professions of faith this return to life is called resurrection of the body (resurrectio carnis, resurrectio mortuoram, anastasis ton nekron) for a double reason: first, since the soul cannot die, it cannot be said to return to life; second the heretical contention of Hymeneus and Philitus that the Scriptures denote by resurrection not the return to life of the body, but the rising of the soul from the death of sin to the life of grace, must be excluded. (We shall treat of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ in a separate article; here, we treat only of the General Resurrection of the Body.)

부활(resurrection)은 죽은 이들로부터 다시 일어남(rising again)인 생명의 되찾음(resumption of life)을 말합니다. 제4차 라테라노 공의회[公(general)議會][the Fourth Lateran Council, 公(general)議會, 1215년]는 모든 사람들이, 선택된 자들 혹은 하느님의 버림을 받은 자들이든지간에, "자신들과 함께 지금 지니고 있는(bear about, gesto) 자신들 고유의 몸들로써 다시 일어날 것이다" (cap. "Firmiter") 라고 가르칩니다.(*) 신경(creeds)들과 신앙 고백(professions of faith)들의 언어에 있어 생명으로의 바로 이러한 되돌아감은 다음과 같은 두 겹의 이유 때문에 몸의 부활(resurrection of the body)(resurrectio carnis, resurrectio mortuoram, anastasis ton nekron)이라고 불립니다: 첫 번째, 영혼은 죽을 수 없기 때문에, 영혼은 생명으로 되돌아간다고 말해질 수 없으며, 두번째 성경 본문이 몸에 있어서의 생명으로의 되돌아감이 아니라, 죄에 기인하는 죽음으로부터 영혼이 은총의 생명으로 일어남을 부활(resurrection)로써 나타내고 있다는 [기원후 50-65년 경에 활발하였던] HymeneusPhiletus(Philitus)이단 주장이 배제되어야만 하기 때문입니다. [우리는 예수 그리스도의 부활(the Resurrection of Jesus Christ)에 대하여 별도의 항에서 다룰 것이며, 여기서 우리는 오로지 몸의 공부활(the General Resurrection of the Body)에 대하여서만 다룰 것입니다]. 

-----
(*) 번역자 주: 여기서 말하는 "자신 고유의 몸들"이란, 타종교에서 말하는 윤회 등에 의한 "타인의 몸들"이 아니라는 의미이지, "자신 고유의 몸들이나, 그러나 죽음을 맞이하는 바로 그 상태의 자신 고유의 몸들"을 말하는 것이 결코 아니다. 이에 대하여서는 아래의 "Charistics of the risen body(부활하게된 몸의 특징들)" 항의 설명을 읽도록 하라.
-----

"No doctrine of the Christian Faith", says St. Augustine, "is so vehemently and so obstinately opposed as the doctrine of the resurrection of the flesh" (In Ps. lxxxviii, sermo ii, n. 5). This opposition had begun long before the days of St. Augustine: "And certain philosophers of the Epicureans and of the Stoics", the inspired writer tells us (Acts 17:18, 32), "disputed with him [Paul] ...and when they had heard of the resurrection of the dead, some indeed mocked, but others said: We will hear thee again concerning this matter." Among the opponents of the Resurrection we naturally find first those who denied the immortality of the soul; secondly, all those who, like Plato, regarded the body as the prison of the soul and death as an escape from the bondage of matter; thirdly the sects of the Gnostics and Manichæans who looked upon all matter as evil; fourthly, the followers of these latter sects the Priscillianists, the Cathari, and the Albigenses; fifthly, the Rationalists, Materialists, and Pantheists of later times. Against all these we shall first establish the dogma of the resurrection, and secondly consider the characteristics of the risen body.

히포의 성 아우구스티노(St. Augustine of Hippo, 354-430년)는 "그리스도교 믿음 중의 어떠한 교리도 몸(flesh)의 부활 교리만큼이나 대단히 격렬하게 그리고 대단히 완강하게 이의를 제기받지 않습니다" (In Ps. lxxxviii, sermo ii, n. 5) 라고 말합니다. 이 반대는 다음과 같이 성 아우구스티노의 시기 훨씬 이전에 이미 시작하였습니다: 성경의 성스러운 저자는 우리에게 다음과 같이 말합니다: "에피쿠로스학파와 스토아학파의 몇몇 철학자도 바오로와 대담을 나누었는데, 어떤 이들은 '저 떠버리가 도대체 무슨 말을 하려는 것인가?' 하기도 하고, 어떤 이들은 바오로가 예수님과 부활에 관한 복음을 전하는 것을 듣고 '이방 신들을 선전하는 사람인 것 같군.' 하고 말하였다. ... 죽은 이들의 부활에 관하여 듣고서, 어떤 이들은 비웃고 어떤 이들은 '그 점에 관하여서는 다음에 다시 듣겠소' 하고 말하였다." (사도행전 17,18.32). 이 부활(즉, 그리스도의 부활)의 반대자들 중에서 우리는 자연적으로 영혼의 불멸을 부정하였던 첫 번째 자들을 발견하며, 그리고 두 번째로, 플라톤처럼, 몸을 영혼의 감옥으로서 그리고 죽음을 질료로 이루어진 구속(the bondage of matter)으로부터의 탈출(an escape)로서 간주하였으며, 그리고 세 번째로 모든 질료를 악(evil)으로서 간주하였던 영지주의자(the Gnostics)들과 마니교도(Manichaeans)들이라는 종파(sects)들, 그리고 네 번째로, 이들 후자의 종파들의 추종자들인 [4세기에 스프인의] 프리실니아누스파(the Priscillianists)카타리파(the Cathari), and 알비파(the Albigenses), 그리고 합리주의자(Rationalists)들유물론자(Materialists)들, 그리고 이후의 시기에 있어서의 범신론자(Pantheists)들. 이들 모두에 반대하여 우리는 우선적으로 부활에 대한 교의를 입증할 것이며, 그리고 두 번째로 일어나게 된 몸의 특징들을 고찰할 것입니다.

Dogma of the resurrection

부활에 대한 교의

The creeds and professions of faith and conciliar definitions do not leave it doubtful that the resurrection of the body is a dogma or an article of faith. We may appeal, for instance, to the Apostles' Creed, the so-called Nicene and Athanasian Creeds, the Creed of the Eleventh Council of Toledo, the Creed of Leo IX, subscribed by Bishop Peter and still in use at the consecration of bishops the profession of faith subscribed by Michael Palaeologus in the Second Council of Lyons, the Creed of Pius IV, and the Decree of the Fourth Lateran Council (c. "Firmiter") against the Albigenses. This article of faith is based on the belief of the Old Testament, on the teaching of the New Testament, and on Christian tradition.

신경들과 신앙 고백들 그리고 공의회의 정의(definitions)들은 몸의 부활이 한 개의 교의(a dogma, 믿을 교리) 혹은 믿음의 한 조항(an article of faith)임을 의심스럽게 남겨두지 않고 있습니다. 우리는, 예를 들어, 사도 신경(the Apostles's Creed), 소위 말하는 니케아 신경 및 아타나시오 신경, 제11차 톨레도(Toledo) 공의회의 신경, 주교 베드로(Bishop Peter)에 의하여 서명되었으며 여전히 주교들의 축성에서 사용되고 있는 레오 9세 신경(the Creed of Leo IX), 비오 4세 신경, 알비파에 반하는 제4차 라테라노 공의회(c. "Firmiter")의 교령(Decree)에 호소할 수 있습니다(appeal to). 믿음(faith)에 대한 바로 이러한 조항은 구약 성경의 믿음(belief)에, 신약 성경의 가르침에, 그리고 그리스도교 전통에 근거되어 있습니다.

Old Testament

구약 성경

The words of Martha and the history of the Machabees show the Jewish belief towards the end of the Jewish economy. "I know", says Martha, "that He shall rise again, in the resurrection at the last day" (John 11:24). And the third of the Machabee martyrs put forth his tongue and stretched out his hands, saying: "These I have from heaven, but for the laws of God I now despise them: because I hope to receive them again from him" (2 Maccabees 7:11; cf. 7:14). The Book of Daniel (12:2; cf. 12) inculcates the same belief: "Many of those that sleep in the dust of the earth, shall awake: some unto life everlasting, and others unto reproach, to see it always." The word many must be understood in the light of its meaning in other passages, e.g. Isaiah 53:11-12; Matthew 26:28; Romans 5:18-19. Though Ezechiel's vision of the resurrection of the dry bones refers directly to the restoration of Israel, such a figure would be hardly Israel, such a figure would be hardly intelligible except by readers familiar with the belief in a literal resurrection (Ezekiel 37). The Prophet Isaias foretells that the Lord of hosts "shall cast down death headlong forever" (25:8), and a little later he adds: "Thy dead men shall live, my slain shall rise again. . . the earth shall disclose her blood, and shall cover her slain no more" (26:19-21). Finally, Job, bereft of all human comfort and reduced to the greatest desolation, is strengthened by the thought of the resurrection of his body: "I know that my Redeemer liveth, and in the last day I shall rise out of the earth. And I shall be clothed again with my skin, and in my flesh I shall see God. Whom I myself shall see, and my eyes shall behold, and not another; this hope is laid up in my bosom" (Job 19:25-27). The literal translation of the Hebrew text differs somewhat from the foregoing quotation, but the hope of resurrection remains.

마르타(Martha)의 말들 그리고 마카베오들의(*) 이야기(the history of the Machabees)는 유다주의의 [유기적(有機的)] 체계(Jewish economy)(**)의 끝(end)을 향하는 유다인들의 믿음(Jewish belief)을 보여줍니다. 마르타는 "마지막 날 부활 때에 오빠도 다시 살아나리라는 것을 알고 있습니다" (요한 복음서 11,24) 라고 말합니다. 그리고 이 마카베오 순교자(the Machabee martyrs)들 중의 세 번째는 다음과 같이 말하면서 자신의 혀를 내밀었고 그리고 자신의 손들을 내뻗었습니다.: "이 지체들을 하늘에서 받았지만, 그분의 법을 위해서라면 나는 이것들까지도 하찮게 여기요. 그러나 그분에게서 다시 받으리라 희망하오" (2마카베오 7,11; 그리고 9,14를 참조하라). 다니엘서는 다음과 같은 동일한 믿음을 마음에 심어 줍니다(inculcates): "어떤 이들은 영원한 생명을 얻고 어떤 이들은 수치를, 영원한 치욕을 받으리라." (다니엘 12,2; 그리고 12절을 참조하라). 이 표현은, 예를 들어, 이사야서 53,11-12; 마태오 복음서 26,28; 로마서 5,18-19 등의 다른 구절들에 있어 그 의미의 빛 안에서 이해되어야만 합니다. 비록 마른 뼈들의 부활에 대한 에제키엘의 환시가 이스라엘의 부활에 대하여 직접적으로 언급하기는 하나, 그러한 한 개의 표상(such a figure)은, 글자 그대로의 부활에 대한 믿음에 친숙하지 않은 독자들에 의하여를 배제하면, 거의 이해할 수 없을 것입니다 (에제키엘 제37장)예언자 이사야는 만군의 주님께서 "죽음을 영원히 없애버리리라" (이사야 25,8) 라고 예언하며, 그리고 조금 이후에 그는 다음과 같이 추가하여 말합니다: "당신의 죽은 이들이 살아나리이다. 그들의 주검이 일어서리이다. ... 땅은 피를 드러내고 살해된 자들을 더 이상 덮어 두지 않으리라." (이사야 26,19-21). 마지막으로, 인간의 안락 모두를 빼앗기고 그리고 가장 커다란 비참함으로 몰락하게 되었던, 욥(Job)은 다음과 같은 자신의 몸의 부활에 대한 생각(thought)에 의하여 굳세어지게 됩니다: "나는 알고 있다네, 나의 구속자(Redeemer)께서 살아계심을, 그리고 마지막 날에 나는 땅으로부터 일어나리라는 것을. 그리하여 나는 나의 피부로 다시 입혀지고, 그리하여 나의 몸으로 나는 하느님을 보리라. 그분께서는 나 자신이 뵈올(see), 그리고 다른 이들이 아니라 나의 눈들이 바라 볼(behold) 분이시리라, 그리고 바로 이 희망은 나의 가슴 안에 보존되어 있도다 (I know that my Redeemer liveth, and in the last day I shall rise out of the earth. And I shall be clothed again with my skin, and in my flesh I shall see God. Whom I myself shall see, and my eyes shall behold, and not another; this hope is laid up in my bosom)." (그리스어 칠십인역 욥 19,25-27)(***) 히브리 본문 [즉, 기원후 9세기경에 유다교를 위하여 유다교의 마소라 학파에 의하여 편집된 마소라본 히브리 성경의 본문]의 글자 그대로의 번역은 앞서 말한 발췌문과 다소 다르나, 그러나 [몸의] 부활에 대한 희망은 여전히 잔존하고 있습니다(remains).

-----
(*) 번역자 주: "마카베오(the Machabees)들"이라는 표현에 대하여서는 다음에 있는 2마카베오 7,1에서 언급되고 있는 일곱 형제들에 대한 나바르 성경 주석서의 해설을 참고하라. 이들 형제들이 전통적으로 (그러나 부적절하게) "마카베오(the Maccabees)들"로서 통상적으로 언급된다고 주석하고 있다: http://ch.catholic.or.kr/pundang/4/navarre/ot_33_wed.htm

(**) 번역자 주: 여기서 "Jewish econmy"를 "유다주의의 [유기적(有機的)] 체계" 로 번역한 것은 다음의 1913년 판 Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary에 주어진 "economy"의 정의(definition)를 따른 것이다:

출처: http://www.glossarium.info/dict__web1913/search__Jewish%20economy.html

(발췌 시작)
economy

체계

3. The system of rules and regulations by which anything is managed; orderly system of regulating the distribution and uses of parts, conceived as the result of wise and economical adaptation in the author, whether human or divine; as, the animal or vegetable economy; the economy of a poem; the Jewish economy. The position which they [the verb and adjective] hold in the general economy of language. --Earle. In the Greek poets, as also in Plautus, we shall see the economy . . . of poems better observed than in Terence. --B. Jonson. The Jews already had a Sabbath, which, as citizens and subjects of that economy, they were obliged to keep. --Paley.

3. 그것에 의하여 모든 것이 관리되는 규정들과 규제들의 [유기적(有機的)] 체계; 인간이거나 혹은 하느님이거나간에, 그 창시자를 위하여(in the author) 현명하고 경제적인 적응의 결과로서 고안된(conceived), 부분(parts)들의 분배와 사용들을 규제하는 질서 있는 [유기적(有機的)] 체계; 예를 들어, 동물의 혹은 식물의 [유기적(有機的)] 체계; 한 편의 시의 [유기적(有機的)] 체계; 유다주의의 [유기적(有機的)] 체계(Jewish economy). 그들[동사와 형용사]가 언어의 [유기적(有機的)] 체계에 있어 견지하는 위치. -- Earle. 그리스의 시들에 있어, 또한 Pautus 에서처럼, 우리는 Terence에서보다 더 잘 관측되는 시들의 ... [유기적(有機的)] 체계를 볼 것이다. -- B. Jonson. 유다인들은 안식일을 이미 가지고 있었는데, 이 날을, 바로 이 [유기적(有機的)] 체계의 시민들 및 대상들로서, 그들은 준수하도록 의무지워져 있었다. -- Paley.
(이상, 발췌 및 우리말 번역 끝).

(***) 번역자 주:
(1) 다음은, 기원후 9세기경에 갈릴래아 호수 서편에 위치한 도시인 티베리아스(Tiberias)에서 유다교를 위하여 유다교의 마소라 학파에 의하여, 처음으로 "모음 방점"의 추가뿐만이 아니라, 또한 유다교를 옹호하기 위하여 구약 성경의 일부 본문들에 대한 편집이 진행되었던, 소위 말하는 마소라본 히브리어 구약 성경(Masoretic text)을 번역 대본으로 삼은, "새 번역 성경"의 욥기 19.25-27 전문이다. 이 글에서 다루고 있는 마지막 날에 있을 "몸의 부활"과 관련하여, "새 번역 성경"의 욥기 19,25-27의 본문이, 여기를 클릭하면 읽을 수 있는, 위의 본문 중의 영어 번역문 (그리고 그리스어 칠십인역 욥기 19,25-27), 그리고 위에 있는 이 영어 번역문의 우리말 번역문과, 얼마나 그리고 어느 정도까지, 차이가 나는지 정밀하게 서로 비교/검토하도록 하라:

(발췌 시작)
(새 번역 성경 욥기 19,25-27)
나는 알고 있다네, 나의 구원자께서 살아 계심을. 그분께서는 마침내 먼지 위에서 일어서시리라. 내 살갗이 이토록 벗겨진 뒤에라도 이 내 몸으로 나는 하느님을 보리라. 내가 기어이 뵙고자 하는 분, 내 눈은 다른 이가 아니라 바로 그분을 보리라. 속에서 내 간장이 녹아 내리는구나.
(이상, 발췌 끝).

(2) 그리스어 칠십인역 구약 성경의 일부 본문들과 마소라본 히브리어 구약 성경의 일부 본문에 있어서의 차이점들에 대한 지적은 다음의 글의 마지막 부분(제5-3항)에 있으며. 되도록 많은 분들의 필독을 권고한다:

http://ch.catholic.or.kr/pundang/4/soh/932.htm <----- 필독 권유

(3) 다음은, 개신교측의 성경인 NIV(New International Version)의 욥기 19,25-27 전문이다. 위에 인용한 "새 번역 성경"의 해당 본문과, 얼마나 그리고 어느 정도까지, 차이가 나는지 정밀하게 서로 비교/검토하도록 하라:

(발췌 시작)
(NIV 욥기 19,25-27)
I know that my Redeemer(c) lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.(d) And after my skin has been destroyed, yet(e) in(f) my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes - I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!

---
(c) Or defender
(d) Or upon my grave
(e) Or And after I awake / though this body has been destroyed, / then
(f) Or / apart from
---
(이상, 발췌 끝)
----- 

New Testament

신약 성경

The resurrection of the dead was expressly taught by Christ (John 5:28-29; 6:39-40; 11:25; Luke 14:14) and defended against the unbelief of the Sadducees, whom He charged with ignorance of the power of God and of the Scriptures (Matthew 22:29; Luke 20:37). St. Paul places the general resurrection on the same level of certainty with that of Christ's Resurrection: "If Christ be preached, that he rose again from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen again. And if Christ be not risen again, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain" (1 Corinthians 15:12 sqq.). The Apostle preached the resurrection of the dead as one of the fundamental doctrines of Christianity, at Athens, for instance (Acts 17:18, 31, 32), at Jerusalem (xxiii, 6), before Felix (xxiv, 15), before Agrippa (xxvi, 8). He insists on the same doctrine in his Epistles (Romans 8:11; 1 Corinthians 6:14; 15:12 sqq.; 2 Corinthians 4:14; 5:1 sqq.; Philippians 3:21; 1 Thessalonians 4:12-16; 2 Timothy 2:11; Hebrews 6:2), and in this he agrees with the Apocalypse (xx, 12 sqq.).

죽은 이들의 부활은 그리스도에 의하여 명백히 가르쳐졌으며(요한 복음서 5,28-29; 6,39-40; 11,25; 루카 복음서 14,14) 그리고, 당신께서 하느님의 힘 및 성경 본문에 대한 무지의 책임을 지우셨던(마태오 복음서 22,29; 루카 복음서 20,37), 사두가이(Sadducees)들의 믿지 않음(unbelief)에 반하여 변호되었습니다(defended). 성 바오로는 다음과 같이 그리스도의 부활에 대한 확신의 수준과 동일한 수준에 공부활(the general resurrection)을 앉힙니다: "그리스도께서 죽은 이들 가운데에서 되살아나셨다고 우리가 이렇게 선포하는데, 여러분 가운데 어떤 사람들은 어째서 죽은 이들의 부활이 없다고 말합니까? 죽은 이들의 부활이 없다면 그리스도께서도 되살아나지 않으셨을 것입니다. 그리스도께서 되살아나지 않으셨다면, 우리의 복음 선포도 헛되고 여러분의 믿음도 헛됩니다." (1코린토 15,12 및 뒤따르는 절들). 이 사도는 죽은 이들의 부활을, 예를 들어, 아테네(Athens)에서(사도행전 17,18.31.32), 예루살렘에서(사도행전 23,6), [총독] 펠릭스(Felix) 앞에서(사도행전 24,15), 아그리파스(Agrippa)(*) 앞에서(사도행전 26,8), 그리스도교의 근본 교리들 중의 한 개로서 설교하였습니다. 그는 자신의 서간들에서 동일한 교리를 강력히 주장하며(로마 8,11; 1코린토 6,14; 15,12 및 뒤따르는 절들; 2코린토 4,14; 5,1 및 뒤따르는 절들; 필리피 3,21; 1테살로니카 4,12-16; 2티모테오 2,11; 히브리 6,2), 그리고 이것에 있어 그는 요한 묵시록(20,12 및 뒤따르는 절들)과 합치합니다(agrees with).

-----
(*) 번역자 주: ("주석 성경"의 각주) 이 아그리파스는 헤로데 대왕의 증손자이고 헤로데 아그리파스의 아들인(사도행전 12,1-5.19-23) 아그리파스 2세(기원후 27년경-100년경)를 말한다. 그는 50년경에 칼키스라는 조그마한 왕국을 상속받았는데, 53년에는 황제에게서 그 대신에 더 큰 영토를 하사받는다. 그는 예루살렘 성전을 관장하고 대사제를 임명하는 권한을 가지고 있었다.
-----

Tradition

성전(Tradition)

It is not surprising that the Tradition of the early Church agrees with the clear teaching of both the Old and New Testaments. We have already referred to a number of creeds and professions of faith which may be considered as part of the Church's official expression of her faith. Here we have only to point out a number of patristic passages, in which the Fathers teach the doctrine of the general resurrection in more or less explicit terms. St. Clement of Rome, I Corinthians 25; St. Justin Martyr, "De resurrect.", vii sqq.; Idem, Dialogue with Trypho 80; Athenagoras, "De resur. carn.", iii; Tatian, "Adv. Graec.", vi; St. Irenæus, "Contra haer.", I, x; V, vi, 2; Tertullian, "Contra Marcion.", V, ix; Idem, "De praescript.", xiii; Idem, On the Resurrection of the Flesh I.12, 15, 63; Minucius Felix, "Octav.", xxxiv; Origen, tom. XVII, in Matt., xxix; Idem, De Principiis Preface, no. 5; Idem, "In Lev.", v, 10; Hippolytus, "Adv. Graec." in P.G., X, 799; St. Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lectures XVIII.15; St. Ephraem, "De resurrect. mort."; St. Basil, "Ep. cclxxi", 3; St. Epiphanius, "In ancor.", lxxxiii sq., xcix; St. Ambrose, "De excessu frat. sui Satyri", II, lxvii, cii; Idem, "In Ps. cxviii", serm. x, n. 18; Ps. Ambr., "De Trinit.", xxiii, in P.L. XVII, 534; St. Jerome, "Ep. ad Paul" in LIII, 8; Rufinus, "In symbol.", xliv sq.; St. Chrysostom (Ps. Chrysostom), "Fragm. in libr. Job" in P.G., LXIV, 619; St. Peter Chrysologus, serm. 103, 118; "Apost. Constit.", VII, xli; .htm-->St. Augustine "Enchirid.", 84; Idem, City of God XX.20; Theodoret, "De provident.", or. ix; Church History I.3.

The general resurrection can hardly be proved from reason, though we may show its congruity.

• As the soul has a natural propensity to the body, its perpetual
       separation from the body would seem unnatural. 
     • As the body is the partner of the soul's crimes, and the companion of
       her virtues, the justice of God seems to demand that the body be the
       sharer in the soul's punishment and reward.
     • As the soul separated from the body is naturally imperfect, the 
       consummation of its happiness, replete with every good, seems to
       demand the resurrection of the body.

The first of these reasons appears to be urged by Christ Himself in Matthew 22:23; the second reminds one of the words of St. Paul, 1 Corinthians 15:19, and 2 Thessalonians 1:4. Besides urging the foregoing arguments, the Fathers appeal also to certain analogies found in revelation and in nature itself, e.g. Jonas in the whale's belly, the three children in the fiery furnace, Daniel in the lions' den, the carrying away of Henoch and Elias, the raising of the dead, the blossoming of Aaron's rod, the preservation of the garments of the Israelites in the desert, the grain of seed dying and springing up again, the egg, the season of the year, the succession of day and night. Many pictures of early Christian art express these analogies. But in spite of the foregoing congruities, theologians more generally incline to the opinion that in the state of pure nature there would have been no resurrection of the body.

Characteristics of the risen body

All shall rise from the dead in their own, in their entire, and in immortal bodies; but the good shall rise to the resurrection of life, the wicked to the resurrection of Judgment. It would destroy the very idea of resurrection, if the dead were to rise in bodies not their own. Again, the resurrection, like the creation, is to be numbered amongst the principal works of God; hence, as at the creation all things are perfect from the hand of God, so at the resurrection all things must be perfectly restored by the same omnipotent hand. But there is a difference between the earthly and the risen body; for the risen bodies of both saints and sinners shall be invested with immortality. This admirable restoration of nature is the result of the glorious triumph of Christ over death as described in several texts of Sacred Scripture: Isaiah 25:8; Osee, xiii, 14; 1 Corinthians 15:26; Apocalypse 2:4. But while the just shall enjoy an endless felicity in the entirety of their restored members, the wicked "shall seek death, and shall not find it, shall desire to die, and death shall fly from them" (Revelation 9:6).
These three characteristics, identity, entirety, and immortality, will be common to the risen bodies of the just and the wicked. But the bodies of the saints shall be distinguished by four transcendent endowments, often called qualities.

• The first is "impassibility", which shall place them beyond the reach 
       of pain and inconvenience. "It is sown", says the Apostle, "in
       corruption, it shall rise in incorruption" (1 Corinthians 15:42). The
       Schoolmen call this quality impassibility', not incorruption, so as
       to mark it as a peculiarity of the glorified body; the bodies of the
       damned will be incorruptible indeed, but not impassible; they shall
       be subject to heat and cold, and all manner of pain.
     • The next quality is "brightness", or "glory", by which the bodies of
       the saints shall shine like the sun. "It is sown in dishonour," says 
       the Apostle, "it shall rise in glory" (1 Corinthians 15:43; cf.
       Matthew 13:43; 17:2; Philippians 3:21). All the bodies of the saints
       shall be equally impassible, but they shall be endowed with different 
       degrees of glory. According to St. Paul: "One is the glory of the
       sun, another the glory of the moon, another the glory of the stars.
       For star differeth from star in glory"'(1 Corinthians 15:41-42). 
     • The third quality is that of "agility", by which the body shall be
       freed from its slowness of motion, and endowed with the capability of
       moving with the utmost facility and quickness wherever the soul 
       pleases. The Apostle says: "It is sown in weakness, it shall rise in
       power" (1 Corinthians 15:43).
     • The fourth quality is "subtility", by which the body becomes subject
       to the absolute dominion of the soul. This is inferred from the words 
       of the Apostle: "It is sown a natural body, it shall rise a spiritual
       body" (1 Corinthians 15:44). The body participates in the soul's more
       perfect and spiritual life to such an extent that it becomes itself 
       like a spirit. We see this quality exemplified in the fact that
       Christ passed through material objects.