가톨릭 신앙생활 Q&A 코너

가해 사순 제3주일 복음 말씀에서 내 양식 - 요한 4,32-34

인쇄

. [119.194.105.*]

2017-03-19 ㅣ No.1789

질문 1: 요한 복음서 4,32-34에서 예수님께서 제자들이 모르는 당신의 양식이 있다고 말씀하시면서, "내 양식은 나를 보내신 분의 뜻을 실천하고, 그분의 일을 완수하는 것이다"라고 말씀하셨는데, 이 말씀이 무슨 말씀이신지요?

1-1. 우선적으로, 요한 복음서 4,32-34는, 가톨릭 교회의 전례력에 있어, 가해 사순 제3주일 복음 말씀(요한 4,5-42)에 포함됩니다.

출처: http://i.catholic.or.kr/missa/?missaid=7949&gomonth=2017-03-19&missatype=DA

(발췌 시작)

그때에 5 예수님께서는 야곱이 자기 아들 요셉에게 준 땅에서 가까운 시카르라는 사마리아의 한 고을에 이르셨다. 6 그곳에는 야곱의 우물이 있었다. 길을 걷느라 지치신 예수님께서는 그 우물가에 앉으셨다. 때는 정오 무렵이었다.

7 마침 사마리아 여자 하나가 물을 길으러 왔다. 그러자 예수님께서 “나에게 마실 물을 좀 다오.” 하고 그 여자에게 말씀하셨다. 8 제자들은 먹을 것을 사러 고을에 가 있었다.

9 사마리아 여자가 예수님께 말하였다. “선생님은 어떻게 유다 사람이시면서 사마리아 여자인 저에게 마실 물을 청하십니까?” 사실 유다인들은 사마리아인들과 상종하지 않았다.

10 예수님께서 그 여자에게 대답하셨다. “네가 하느님의 선물을 알고 또 ‘나에게 마실 물을 좀 다오.’ 하고 너에게 말하는 이가 누구인지 알았더라면, 오히려 네가 그에게 청하고 그는 너에게 생수를 주었을 것이다.”

11 그러자 그 여자가 예수님께 말하였다. “선생님, 두레박도 가지고 계시지 않고 우물도 깊은데, 어디에서 그 생수를 마련하시렵니까? 12 선생님이 저희 조상 야곱보다 더 훌륭한 분이시라는 말씀입니까? 그분께서 저희에게 이 우물을 주셨습니다. 그분은 물론 그분의 자녀들과 가축들도 이 우물물을 마셨습니다.”

13 예수님께서 그 여자에게 이르셨다. “이 물을 마시는 자는 누구나 다시 목마를 것이다. 14 그러나 내가 주는 물을 마시는 사람은 영원히 목마르지 않을 것이다. 내가 주는 물은 그 사람 안에서 물이 솟는 샘이 되어 영원한 생명을 누리게 할 것이다.”

15 그러자 그 여자가 예수님께 말하였다. “선생님, 그 물을 저에게 주십시오. 그러면 제가 목마르지도 않고, 또 물을 길으러 이리 나오지 않아도 되겠습니다.”

16 예수님께서 그 여자에게, “가서 네 남편을 불러 이리 함께 오너라.” 하고 말씀하셨다.

17 그 여자가 “저는 남편이 없습니다.” 하고 대답하자, 예수님께서 말씀하셨다. “‘저는 남편이 없습니다.’ 한 것은 맞는 말이다.

18 너는 남편이 다섯이나 있었지만 지금 함께 사는 남자도 남편이 아니니, 너는 바른대로 말하였다.”

19 여자가 예수님께 말하였다.> “선생님, 이제 보니 선생님은 예언자시군요. 20 저희 조상들은 이 산에서 예배를 드렸습니다. 그런데 선생님네는 예배를 드려야 하는 곳이 예루살렘에 있다고 말합니다.”

21 예수님께서 그 여자에게 말씀하셨다. “여인아, 내 말을 믿어라. 너희가 이 산도 아니고 예루살렘도 아닌 곳에서 아버지께 예배를 드릴 때가 온다. 22 너희는 알지도 못하는 분께 예배를 드리지만, 우리는 우리가 아는 분께 예배를 드린다. 구원은 유다인들에게서 오기 때문이다. 23 그러나 진실한 예배자들이 영과 진리 안에서 아버지께 예배를 드릴 때가 온다. 지금이 바로 그때다. 사실 아버지께서는 이렇게 예배를 드리는 이들을 찾으신다. 24 하느님은 영이시다. 그러므로 그분께 예배를 드리는 이는 영과 진리 안에서 예배를 드려야 한다.”

25 그 여자가 예수님께, “저는 그리스도라고도 하는 메시아께서 오신다는 것을 압니다. 그분께서 오시면 우리에게 모든 것을 알려 주시겠지요.” 하였다. 26 그러자 예수님께서 그 여자에게 말씀하셨다. “너와 말하고 있는 내가 바로 그 사람이다.”

<27 바로 그때에 제자들이 돌아와 예수님께서 여자와 이야기하시는 것을 보고 놀랐다. 그러나 아무도 “무엇을 찾고 계십니까?”, 또는 “저 여자와 무슨 이야기를 하십니까?” 하고 묻지 않았다. 28 그 여자는 물동이를 버려두고 고을로 가서 사람들에게 말하였다. 29 “제가 한 일을 모두 알아맞힌 사람이 있습니다. 와서 보십시오. 그분이 그리스도가 아니실까요?” 30 그리하여 그들이 고을에서 나와 예수님께 모여 왔다.

31 그러는 동안 제자들은 예수님께 “스승님, 잡수십시오.” 하고 권하였다.

32 그러나 예수님께서 “나에게는 너희가 모르는 먹을 양식이 있다.” 하시자, 33 제자들은 서로 “누가 스승님께 잡수실 것을 갖다 드리기라도 하였다는 말인가?” 하고 말하였다.

34 예수님께서 다시 그들에게 말씀하셨다. “내 양식은 나를 보내신 분의 뜻을 실천하고, 그분의 일을 완수하는 것이다. 35 너희는 ‘아직도 넉 달이 지나야 수확 때가 온다.’ 하고 말하지 않느냐? 자, 내가 너희에게 말한다. 눈을 들어 저 밭들을 보아라. 곡식이 다 익어 수확 때가 되었다. 이미 36 수확하는 이가 삯을 받고, 영원한 생명에 들어갈 알곡을 거두어들이고 있다. 그리하여 씨 뿌리는 이도 수확하는 이와 함께 기뻐하게 되었다. 37 과연 ‘씨 뿌리는 이가 다르고 수확하는 이가 다르다.’는 말이 옳다. 38 나는 너희가 애쓰지 않은 것을 수확하라고 너희를 보냈다. 사실 수고는 다른 이들이 하였는데, 너희가 그 수고의 열매를 거두는 것이다.”

39 그 고을에 사는 많은 사마리아인들이 예수님을 믿게 되었다. 그 여자가 “저분은 제가 한 일을 모두 알아맞혔습니다.” 하고 증언하는 말을 하였기 때문이다. 40 이 사마리아인들이 예수님께 와서 자기들과 함께 머무르시기를 청하자, 그분께서는 거기에서 이틀을 머무르셨다. 41 그리하여 더 많은 사람이 그분의 말씀을 듣고 믿게 되었다. 42 그들이 그 여자에게 말하였다. “우리가 믿는 것은 이제 당신이 한 말 때문이 아니오. 우리가 직접 듣고 이분께서 참으로 세상의 구원자이심을 알게 되었소.” 

(이상, 발췌 끝)

1-2. 다음의 주소에 접속하면, 요한 복음서 4,34가 본문 중에서 발췌 인용되고 있는 가톨릭 교회 교리서 제606항을 읽을 수 있습니다:

출처: http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p122a4p2.htm#606

(발췌 시작)

III. CHRIST OFFERED HIMSELF TO HIS FATHER FOR OUR SINS

Christ's whole life is an offering to the Father

606 The Son of God, who came down "from heaven, not to do [his] own will, but the will of him who sent [him]",413 said on coming into the world, "Lo, I have come to do your will, O God." "And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."414 From the first moment of his Incarnation the Son embraces the Father's plan of divine salvation in his redemptive mission: "My food is to do the will of him who sent me, and to accomplish his work."415 The sacrifice of Jesus "for the sins of the whole world"416 expresses his loving communion with the Father. "The Father loves me, because I lay down my life", said the Lord, "[for] I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father."417

607 The desire to emrace his Father's plan of redeeming love inspired Jesus' whole life, for his redemptive passion was the very reason for his Incarnation. And so he asked, "And what shallI say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? No, for this purpose I have come to this hour."419 And again, "Shall I not drink the cup which the Father has given me?"420 From the cross, just before "It is finished", he said, "I thirst."421  

(이상, 발췌 끝)

"Jn 4:34" "my food" "John Paul II" site:vatican.va

2-1.

출처: https://w2.vatican.va/content/john-paul-ii/en/messages/vocations/documents/hf_jp-ii_mes_28111998_xxxvi-voc-1999.html

(발췌 시작)

4. “Thy will be done

Jesus said: “My food is to do the will of him who sent me, and to accomplish his work” (Jn 4,34). With these words, he reveals that the personal project of existence is written in the provident plan of the Father. To discover it we have to abandon a too earthly interpretation of life, and place in God the foundation and meaning of our own existence. Above all, vocation is a gift of God: it is not about choosing, but being chosen; it is the response to a love that precedes and accompanies. For the one who bows to the will of the Lord, life becomes a good received, which by its very nature tends to transform itself into an offering and a gift.

(이상, 발췌 끝)

3-1. 다음의 주소에 접속하면, 우르바노 4세 교황님의 명령에 의하여 성 토마스 아퀴나스(St. Thomas Aquinas, 1225-1274년)가, 교황 교도권의 사용을 위하여, 편집하여 마련한, 신약 성경의 네 개의 복음서들에 대한 주석서인 Catena Aurea(황금 사슬)에 주어진, 요한 복음서 4,31-34에 대한 교부들의 주석들을 읽을 수 있습니다:

출처: http://www.clerus.org/bibliaclerusonline/en/c5k.htm#br0

(발췌 시작)

12431 Jn 4,31-34

AUG. His disciples had gone to buy food, and had returned. They offered Christ some: In the mean while His disciples prayed Him, saying, Master, eat.

CHRYS. They all ask Him at once, Him so fatigued with the journey and heat. This is not impatience in them, but simply love, and tenderness to their Master.

ORIGEN. They think the pre sent time convenient for dining; it being after the departure of the woman to the city, and before the coming of the Samaritans; so that they sit at meat by themselves. This explains, In the mean while.

THEOPHYL. Our Lord, knowing that the woman of Samaria was bringing the whole town out to Him, tells His disciples, I have meat that you know not of:

CHRYS. The salvation of men He calls His food, showing His great desire that we should be saved. As food is an object of desire to us, so was the salvation of men to Him. Observe, He does not express Himself directly, but figuratively; which makes some trouble necessary for His hearers, in order to comprehend His meaning, and thus gives a greater importance to that meaning when it is understood.

THEOPHYL. That you know not of; i.e. know not that I call the salvation of men food; or, know not that the Samaritans are about to believe and be saved. The disciples however were in perplexity: Therefore said the disciples one to another, Has any man brought Him ought to eat?

AUG. What wonder that the woman did not understand about the water? Lo, the disciples do not understand about the meat.

CHRYS. They show, as usual, the honor and reverence in which they hold their Master, by talking among themselves, and not presuming to question Him.

THEOPHYL. From the question of the disciples, Has any man brought Him ought to eat, we may infer that our Lord was accustomed to receive food from others, when it was offered Him: not that He who gives food to all flesh, needed any assistance; but He received it, that they who gave it might obtain their reward, and that poverty thenceforth might not blush, nor the support of others be esteemed a disgrace. It is proper and necessary that teachers should depend on others to provide them with food, in order that, being free from all other cares, they may attend the more to the ministry of the word.

AUG. Our Lord heard His doubting disciples, and answered them as disciples, i.e. plainly and expressly, not circuitously, as He answered the women; Jesus said to them, My meat is to do the will of Him that sent Me.

ORIGEN. Fit meat for the Son of God, who was so obedient to the Father, that in Him was the t same will that was in the Father: not two wills, but one will in both. The Son is capable of first accomplishing the whole will of the Father. Other saints do nothing against the Father's will; He does that will. That is His meat in an especial sense. And what means, To finish His work? It would seem easy to say, that a work was what was ordered by him who set it; as where men are set to build or dig. But some who go deeper ask whether a work being finished does not imply that it was before incomplete; and whether God could originally have made an incomplete work? The completing of the work, is the completing of a rational creature: for it was to complete this work, which was as yet imperfect, that the Word made flesh come.

THEOPHYL. He finished the work of God, i.e. man, He, the Son of God, finished it by exhibiting our nature in Himself without sin, perfect and uncorrupt. He finished also the work of God, i.e. the Law, (for Christ is the end of the Law,) by abolishing it, when every thing in it had been fulfilled, and changing a carnal into a spiritual worship.

ORIGEN. The matter of spiritual drink and living water being explained, the subject of meat follows. Jesus had asked the woman of Samaria, and she could give Him none good enough. Then came the disciples, having procured some humble food among the people of the country, and offered it Him, beseeching Him to eat. They fear perhaps lest the Word of God, deprived of His own proper nourishment, fail within them; and therefore with such as they have found, immediately propose to feed Him, that being confirmed and strengthened, He may abide with His nourishers. Souls require food as well as bodies. And as bodies require different kinds of it, and in different quantities, so is it in things which are above the body. Souls differ in capacity, and one needs more nourishment, another less. So too in point of quality, the same nourishment of words and thoughts does not suit all. Infants just born need the milk of the word; the grown up, solid meat. Our Lord says, I have meat to eat. For one who is over the weak who cannot behold the same things with the stronger, may always speak thus. 

(이상, 발췌 끝)

3-2. 다음의 주소에 접속하면, The Great Biblical Commentary of Cornelius a Lapide(1567-1637년)에 주어진 요한 복음서 4,32-34에 대한 해설을 읽을 수 있습니다:

출처: http://www.corneliusbiblecommentary.faithweb.com/4john.htm

(발췌 시작)

Ver. 32.— But He said, &c. “I am hungering for the conversion of the Samaritans, which I am procuring through the woman. So that spiritual hunger diminishes and keeps down, if it does not take away, all hunger for bodily food: meanwhile you who are tired and famished, eat as much as you please.” “More obscurely He intimates,” says S. Cyril, “that if the disciples knew of the conversion of the Samaritans, which was then going on, they would be thinking of that food, rather than be taking thought for corporal food. For since they were to be the future Teachers of the world, He teaches them by His own example that they ought to have far more care for the salvation of men than for their own bodies.”

Ver. 33. —Then said His disciples, &c. The Apostles did not understand that Christ was speaking of spiritual food. Wherefore S. Augustine says, “What wonder was it that if the woman did not understand about the water? behold, the disciples do not understand the food.”

Ver. 34.— Jesus saith, &c. Christ here tells the work of preaching, and man’s redemption, His, that is, His own special and sweetest food, because by it, as by the greatest dainties, He was fed and delighted. So Euthymius says, “The will of the Father, who had sent Him, and His work enjoined upon Christ, is the salvation of men, according to the words, I have finished the work which Thou gavest me to do.”

Tropologically, let Christians, and specially preachers, learn from Christ that their spiritual food ought to be obedience and zeal for souls. 1. Because both sustain the life of the soul. 2. Because both, like food, cause the powers of the mind to become strong. 3. Because as food causes a child to grow up to be a perfect man, so do these two virtues make us to grow to a virile state of spiritual strength.  

(이상, 발췌 끝)

3-3. 다음의 주소에 접속하면, 가톨릭 교회의 전례력에 있어, 가해 사순 제3주일 복음 말씀(요한 4,5-42)에 대한 나바르 성경 주석서의 해설을 읽을 수 있습니다:

출처: http://ch.catholic.or.kr/pundang/4/navarre/a_lent_3.htm

(발췌 시작)

32-38. Our Lord uses the occasion to speak about a spiritual form of food--doing the will of God. He has just brought about the conversion of a sinful woman and His spirit feels replete. The conversion of souls must be the Apostles' food also, and the food of all those who through priestly ordination are sacramentally associated with Christ's ministry (cf. 1 Corinthians 4:9-15; 2 Corinthians 4:7-12; 11: 27-29). Apostolic work sometimes means sowing, with no apparent results, and sometimes reaping where others sowed. The Apostles will reap what was generously sown by the patriarchs and prophets and especially by Christ. And they in their turn must prepare the ground, with the same generosity, so that others can later reap the harvest.

32-38. 우리의 주님께서는 이 기회를, 하느님의 뜻/의지를 행함이라는, 양식의 영적 형식 한 개(a spiritual form of food)에 관하여 말씀하시기 위하여 사용하십니다. 당신께서는 한 명의 죄 있는 여인의 회심/윤리적 변화(conversion)를 방금 초래하셨으며 그리하여 당신의 영혼은 가득 참(replete)을 느끼십니다. 영혼들의 회심/윤리적 변화(the conversion of souls)는 또한 사도들의 양식이여야 하고 그리고 사제 서품(priestly ordination)을 통하여 그리스도의 사역에 성사적으로 결합된 자들 모두의 양식이어야 합니다 (1코린토 4,9-15; 2코린토 4,7-12; 11,27-29 참조). 사도들로부터 이어오는 이 일(Apostolic work)은 때로는, 아무런 또렷한 결과들 없이, 씨뿌리는 것, 그리고 때로는 다른 이들이 씨뿌렸던 곳에서 수확하는 것을 의미합니다. 사도들은 장차, 이스라엘 민족의 선조(patriarchs)들과 예언자들에 의하여 그리고 특히 그리스도에 의하여 관대하게 이미 씨뿌려진 바를, 수확할 것입니다. 그리고 그들은 자기 차례가 되어, 다른 이들이 이후에 수확을 거둬들일 수 있도록, 동일한 관대와 함께, 그 땅/바탕(the ground)을 준비하여야 합니다. 

But it is not only ministers who have this apostolic role: all the faithful are called to take part in the work of apostolate: "Since all Christians have different gifts they should collaborate in the work of the Gospel, each according to his opportunity, ability, charism and ministry; all who sow and reap, plant and water, should be one so that 'working together for the same end in a free and orderly manner' they might together devote their powers to the building up of the Church (Vatican II, "Ad Gentes", 28). 

그러나 바로 이러한 사도들의 역할을 하는 자들은 오로지 사역자들 만이 아니며, 열심신자들 모두는 다음과 같이 사도직(apostolate)의 일에 참가하도록 부름을 받고 있습니다: 

"모든 그리스도인들은 서로 다른 선물들을 받기에 그들은, 각자 자신의 기회, 능력(ability), 은사/카리스마(charism) 그리고 직무(ministry)에 따라, 이 복음(the Gospel)의 일에 반드시 협조하여야 하며, 그리하여 씨뿌리고 그리고 수확하는, 심고 물을 주는, 자들 모두는 '한 자유롭고 질서있는(orderly) 방식으로 동일한 끝(end))을 위하여 함께 일함으로써' 그들이 교회를 쌓아 올림(building up) 쪽으로 자신들의 힘들을 함께 바치기(devote) 위하여 반드시 하나(one)가 되어야 합니다." [제2차 바티칸 공의회(Vatican II),  "만민에게(Ad Gentes)", 제28항]. 

(이상, 발췌 및 일부 문장들의 우리말 번역 끝) 

다음의 주소에 접속하면, 이벽 성조(1754-1785년)께서 "성교요지"1778년 경에 작문하시기 전에 학습하신 것이 많이 부족한 죄인인 필자에 의하여 이미 입증된, 화합 복음서의 한 종류인 쥬리오 아레니 신부님(1582-1649년)1635년 초간 "천주강생언행기략"에 수록된 요한 복음서 4,3-42의 한문본을 읽을 수 있습니다:

출처: http://ch.catholic.or.kr/pundang/4/cb/1582-1649_쥬리오_아레니/1635_천주강생언행기략.htm

권2_8_서가[이]기수화인_39-40 (<----- 클릭하십시오) [요한 복음서 4,3-42(가해 사순 제3주일 복음 말씀)] [가리륵아 = 갈릴래아, 서가성 = 시카르성] [여덕아 = 유데아] [주: 여기를 클릭하면 직접 확인할 수 있듯이, 강생하신 성자(the Son of God)의 이름으로서, 미카엘 루지에리 신부님(1543-1607년)의 저서인 "천주성교실록"에서 처음으로 도입되어 사용되기 시작한, "그리스도"의 음역 용어인, "계리사독" 이라는 용어가 여기서 또한 그대로 사용되고 있음] 

† 성부와 성자와 성령의 이름으로 아멘.

----------

작성자: 교수 소순태 마태오 (Ph.D.)

303 1

추천

페이스북 트위터 핀터레스트 구글플러스

Comments
Total0
※ 500자 이내로 작성 가능합니다. (0/500)

• ※ 로그인 후 등록 가능합니다.