속보 및 기사모음

주한 교황 대사 에밀 폴 체릭 대주교 추도사

인쇄

굿뉴스 [goodnews] 쪽지 캡슐

2005-04-06 ㅣ No.74

MASS FOR THE HOLY FATHER AT MYONGDONG CATHEDRAL

Dear brothers and sisters,

I have been deeply moved by this service, by your prayer and participation. Your presence is an expression of your love, respect and affection for our late Holy Father John Paul II.
        I am very grateful for the presence of His Excellency Mr. Chung Dong-young, Minister of Unification representing the Government of the Republic of Korea. I would like to express my gratitude also to their Excellencies the Heads of diplomatic Missions and International Organizations accredited to the Republic of Korea. Let me address words of thanks and appreciation also to the leaders and representatives of Sister Churches and Christian Communities and to the leaders and friends of other religions who have honoured us tonight with their participation.

I further wish to thank especially His Eminence Cardinal Stephan Kim for graciously presiding over this Holy Mass. I express sentiments of gratitude to the Archbishop of Seoul and his collaborators for offering this beautiful Cathedral for this occasion. I thank the Archbishop of Kwangju, President of the CBCK and all my brother Archbishops and Bishops for having planned and organized this funeral mass to remember our Holy Father an to pray for the eternal repose of his soul.
        (Others????)
        I convey sentiments of gratitude and appreciation to all of you who have shared this Holy Eucharist with us. Through you my thanks go to each and every person in this “Land of the Martyrs” (as the Pope called it), Catholics and none, who are praying for the Holy Father.

Dear friends,
        The death of every human person causes great sorrow and pain. In the light of Christian faith however the mystery of death is embedded in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ who promised: “If anyone believes in me, even though he dies he will live, and whoever lives and believes in me will never die” (Jn 10: 26).

It is on this faith that Pope John Paul II has built his entire life, it is this faith he has preached to the Church and the world as a priest, bishop and Pope. Enlightened and strengthened by this very faith he has accepted hardships and suffering and the many challenges of his existence, knowing that the disciple has to follow his Master and Lord even on the Way to Calvary. In profound human solidarity with the suffering, the sick, the elderly and the disabled, he has borne witness, until his last breath, to the dignity, sanctity and inviolability of all human life. In his life and ministry there was no separation between prayer and work or between prayer and action. His friendship with God led him to a deeper understanding of the needs and problems of humanity.  and made him a convinced and stern defender of human rights.  

I met this extraordinary man in 1984, on the occasion of his first visit to Korea. As a young priest I was above all struck and impressed by his dedication to prayer. The first and the last thing he would do every day was a visit to the Blessed Sacrament. His prayer life had absolute precedence over any activity. He wanted people to know in whose service he stood. This particular relationship with God made him a free man, liberated from human fear and prejudice. That’s why he called on all who wanted to listen: “do not be afraid”, because he wanted the people to know that God is present in their daily lives and in human history. - Take courage, he would often tell them, for we are in the hands of a loving God and Father.

Pope John Paul met with world leaders, heads of religions, Churches and ecclesial communities; he encouraged rich and poor, young and old, the sick and the dying, workers, farmers, professionals, men and women of culture, politicians and diplomats to work together for true human advancement and the elimination of poverty.

The Pope, a teacher and pilgrim on the road of man, never missed an opportunity to foster peace and understanding among peoples and nations in order to build a more human world governed by justice for all. He saw world peace under continuous strains by the disregard of human rights, above all the right to religious freedom. He perceived the growing gap between rich and poor nations, between north and south as an obstacle to World peace. The Pope’s own experience of the Second World War and the inhuman ideologies of the 20th century taught him that any humanism without God leads to disaster and the annihilation of man. That’s why he spared no effort to make God present in the history of humankind and he insisted that no human decision, be it social, political or personal can dispense of morals and ethics.

This explains also John Paul’s profound interest and concern for peace on the Korean Peninsula. On many occasions he has appealed for prayer and works of charity. He encouraged the political leaders and the international community to persevere on the road to peace through dialogue. He was well aware that any war would become an unnecessary massacre, an adventure without return He has said it many times: “nothing is lost by peace: (yet) everything may be lost by war” (Peace Message 1993, 4).

Dear friends,
        Pope John Paul II has been a prophetical sign of God’s presence among us and His tender love for humanity. Let’s thank the Lord of all Mercies for the gift of Karol Woytila to the Church and the world and may his soul, freed from all human burden, rest in the peace of our Lord and Saviour. May Mary the Mother of God and the Church, for whom he had such an affection and love, welcome him in the Kingdom of her Son. God bless you all and I thank you.

+Emil P. Tscherrig

<교황 대사의 추도사 번역문>

친애하는 형제자매 여러분,

저는 오늘 이 미사를 함께 봉헌하고 기도해 주시는 여러분께 깊이 감동하고 있습니다. 이는 모두 선종하신 교황 요한 바오로 2세 성하께 대한 여러분의 사랑과 존경과 애정의 표현이라고 생각됩니다.
대한민국 정부를 대표하여 참석해 주신 문화관광부 정동채 장관께도 깊이 감사 드립니다. 또한 주한 외교사절단과 국제기구의 대표들께도 감사드립니다. 그리고 오늘 저녁 이 자리에 참석하시어 자리를 빛내주신 자매 교회들과 그리스도인 공동체들의 지도자들과 대표들, 다른 종교 지도자들과 신도 여러분께도 감사의 말씀을 드립니다.

오늘 이 거룩한 미사를 주례해 주시는 김수환 추기경님, 그리고 이 아름다운 주교좌성당에서 미사를 드릴 수 있도록 해 주신 정진석 대주교님과 서울대교구에도 감사 드립니다. 교황 성하를 기억하고 그분의 영원한 안식을 기리기 위한 오늘 이 미사를 마련하고 준비해 주신 한국 천주교 주교회의 의장 최창무 대주교님과 모든 형제 주교님들께도 감사 드립니다.

이 거룩한 성찬을 함께 나누는 여러분 모두에게 감사와 존경의 마음을 전합니다. 여러분을 통하여, 교황님께서 말씀하셨던 이 “순교자의 나라”에서 가톨릭 신자든 아니든 교황님을 위하여 기도하는 모든 분께 제 고마운 마음이 전달되기를 바랍니다.

친애하는 여러분,

모든 인간의 죽음은 큰 슬픔과 아픔을 남깁니다. 그러나 그리스도교 신앙에서 죽음의 신비는, “나를 믿는 사람은 죽더라도 살겠고 또 살아서 믿는 사람은 영원히 죽지 않을 것이다.”(요한 11,26) 하고 약속하신 예수 그리스도의 죽음과 부활 안에 새겨져 있습니다.

교황 요한 바오로 2세께서는 바로 이러한 신앙으로 일생을 걸어오셨고, 사제로서, 주교로서, 또 교황으로서 이 신앙을 교회와 세상에 전파하셨습니다. 그분께서는 바로 이 신앙으로 깨달음과 힘을 얻어 당신 삶의 시련과 고통, 수많은 도전들을 받아들이셨습니다. 제자는 해골산에 이르기까지 스승이신 주님을 따라야 한다는 것을 아셨기 때문입니다. 고통 받는 이들, 병자들, 노인들, 장애인들과 깊은 인간적 유대를 나누셨던 성하께서는 마지막 순간까지 모든 인간 생명의 존엄과 거룩함과 불가침성을 몸소 증언하셨습니다. 그분의 삶과 직무 안에서는 기도와 일, 기도와 활동이 둘이 아닌 하나였습니다. 그분은 하느님과 친교를 이루심으로써 인간의 요구와 문제점들을 더욱 깊이 이해하셨으며, 확고하고 단호한 인권의 수호자가 되셨습니다.

제가 이토록 특별한 분을 만나 뵌 것은 1984년 교황 성하께서 처음 한국을 방문하셨을 때였습니다. 젊은 사제였던 저는 무엇보다도 그분의 열심한 기도 생활에 놀라고 깊은 감명을 받았습니다. 그분은 날마다 성체조배로 하루를 시작하고 하루를 마무리하셨으며, 다른 어떤 활동보다도 기도 생활을 절대 우선순위에 두셨습니다. 그분은 당신이 누구를 위해서 일하는지 사람들에게 보여주시고자 하셨습니다. 하느님과 이렇게 특별한 관계를 맺으신 덕분에 그분은 자유로운 인간, 인간적 두려움과 편견에서 해방된 인간이 되셨습니다. 그래서 그분께서는 말씀을 듣고자 하는 모든 사람들에게 “두려워 마십시오.” 라고 촉구하셨습니다. 사람들이 하느님께서 그들의 삶 안에 그리고 인간의 역사 안에 현존하신다는 것을 깨닫기를 바라셨기 때문입니다. 또 그분은 사람들에게 자주 “용기를 내십시오.” 하고 말씀하시곤 하셨습니다. 우리는 사랑이신 하느님 아버지 손 안에 있기 때문입니다.

교황 요한 바오로 2세께서는 세계의 지도자들, 다른 종교와 교회, 교회 공동체들의 수장들을 만나셨습니다. 또 가난한 사람들과 부자들, 젊은이들과 노인들, 병자들과 죽어가는 이들, 노동자들과 농부들, 전문가들, 문화인들, 정치인들과 외교관들을 만나 참된 인류 발전과 빈곤 퇴치를 위하여 협력하라고 격려하셨습니다.

인간의 길을 걸으신 스승이며 순례자이셨던 교황님께서는, 모든 사람을 위한 정의가 다스리는 더욱 인간다운 세상을 만들기 위하여 기회 있을 때마다 민족들과 나라들 사이의 평화와 이해를 증진하고자 하셨습니다. 그분은 인간의 권리, 특히 종교 자유의 권리에 대한 침해가 세계 평화에 지속적인 걸림돌이 된다고 생각하셨습니다. 또한 부유한 나라들과 가난한 나라들, 북반구와 남반구의 격차가 벌어지는 것을 세계 평화의 장애물로 여기셨습니다. 제2차 세계 대전과 20세기의 비인간적인 이념 분쟁을 몸소 겪으셨던 교황님께서는, 하느님을 잊은 인도주의는 재앙과 인간의 멸망으로 이른다는 것을 아셨습니다. 그래서 그분은 인간 역사 안에 하느님께서 현존하시게 하고자 온갖 노력을 기울이셨으며, 사회적이든 정치적이든 개인적이든 모든 인간의 결정은 윤리와 도덕이 바탕이 되어야 한다고 강조하셨습니다.

이는 또한 요한 바오로 2세께서 한반도의 평화에 쏟으신 깊은 관심을 잘 보여줍니다. 교황님께서는 여러 기회에 기도와 사랑의 활동을 요청하셨습니다. 그분께서는 정치 지도자들과 국제 공동체에 대화를 통하여 평화의 길로 나아가라고 촉구하셨습니다. 모든 전쟁은 불필요한 학살이며 무익한 모험에 불과하다는 것을 잘 알고 계셨기 때문입니다. 교황님께서는 여러 번 말씀하셨습니다. “전쟁으로는 아무 것도 해결할 수 없습니다. 전쟁은 오히려 모든 것을 위태롭게 합니다.”

친애하는 친구 여러분,

교황 요한 바오로 2세께서는 우리 가운데 계시는 하느님, 그리고 인류에 대한 하느님의 다정한 사랑을 예언자적으로 보여주신 징표였습니다. 교회와 세상에 카롤 보이티와를 보내주셨던 주님의 자비하심에 감사를 드립시다. 그리고 인간의 모든 짐에서 벗어나신 그분의 영혼이 우리 주 구세주의 평화 안에서 안식을 누리기를 기도합시다. 교황님께서 생전에 그토록 큰 애정과 사랑을 지니셨던 하느님의 어머니이시며 교회의 어머니이신 성모님께서 당신 아드님의 나라에 교황님을 따뜻이 맞아주시기를 빕니다. 여러분 모두에게 하느님의 강복을 빕니다. 감사합니다.

+ 주한 교황 대사 에밀 폴 체릭 대주교

118 0

추천 반대(0)

페이스북 트위터 핀터레스트 구글플러스

Comments
Total0
※ 500자 이내로 작성 가능합니다. (0/500)

• ※ 로그인 후 등록 가능합니다.